About The Event
The NAUI Instructor Trainer Workshop (ITW) goals include learning to:
- conduct the NAUI Staff Training Workshop and effectively manage an ITC/ICC staff.
- teach staff members to consistently evaluate instructor level performance.
- teach staff members counseling techniques so that they may assist candidates to succeed in ITCs and ICCs.
NAUI Instructor Trainer candidates will develop the foundation needed to conduct future Instructor Trainer Programs and Instructor Crossover Programs (phase one of ITCs and ICCs). Graduates of the workshop earn the designation of Instructor Trainer that carries with it a new responsibility to develop new members and shape the future of the only worldwide educational scuba diving association. The workshop will also qualify participating NAUI Instructors to use modern, innovative teaching methodologies and the new state-of-the-art NAUI materials. The workshop is fun and yet very educational. It will be two days of accelerated and rewarding training. In addition to learning how to run NAUI instructor-level programs, qualify and manage training staff, you will develop your skills at presenting the NAUI Orientation, Master Scuba Diver physics and NAUI leadership academics from the NAUI Leadership and Instructor Instructor Guide. The workshop will also include a confined water session during which you will refine your confined and open water teaching and evaluating techniques, and leadership water skills performances and evaluations will be practiced and perfected. A closed book exam on the NAUI standards will be given at the end.
Course Cost: $2,000.00 plus any fees related to Confined Water training.
Date: May 19, 2018
Location: Panama City, Florida - Based out of Panama City Dive Center.
4823 Thomas Dr, Panama City, FL 32408
Course Start Time: 8:00 AM
Each IT candidate will need to bring:
• Appropriate open water scuba equipment to include 2 Tanks. (Tanks and weights can be acquired locally.)
• NAUI Instructor Trainer Workshop Guide to be downloaded off of the NAUI.org Members' Area.
• NAUI Confined Water ITC evaluation slate product supplied in your packet.
• NAUI Open Water ITC evaluation slate product supplied in your packet.
• NAUI Standards and Polices 2018 to be downloaded from NAUI.org Members' Area.
• Latest NAUI Scuba Diver Instructor Guide to be downloaded from NAUI.org Members' Area.
• Latest NAUI Leadership and Instruction Instructor Guide to be downloaded from NAUI.org Members' Area.
• NAUI Leadership and Instruction Textbook.
• You must personally own the License to use the above IG’s. If you do not, contact us on how to obtain them.
Each IT candidate will need to be prepared, if called upon, to give the following presentations:
From the NAUI Leadership and Instruction Instructor Guide the Preface and Unit 1, and the NAUI Orientation from the special presentations section of Section 2 in the NAUI Leadership & Instruction Instructor Guide. One presentation on Physics Master SCUBA Diver Level (to be assigned by your CD), a presentation on "Why NAUI?".
Danny Grizzard, NAUI 3550, will conduct the course with assistance from other NAUI Course Directors. The workshop will be based out of Panama City Dive Center.
Contact Information: 850-527-5562 or email@example.com
For instructions on how to obtain the required documents and materials from NAUI.org Members' Area, call NAUI HQ at +1 (813) 628-6284.