Looking for a job? Have a position you need to fill? We can help!
Email your job posting to us at email@example.com today!
SeaTrek BVI seeking NAUI Instructor
Added December 10, 2019
Job Title: NAUI Instructor
June 7 to July 29 or Aug 21
Description: SeaTrek BVI www.seatrekbvi.com is seeking to fill the position of NAUI Instructor for the summer of 2020. Staff lives and sail with jr high, high school and college age participants aboard 44’ to 48’ catamarans in the British Virgin Islands. They are responsible for seeing that the students follow through with the aspects of the program including sailing, scuba/marine science instruction, life aboard ship and shore based activities. You will be an energetic and motivated Instructor with experience working with teens. This position is rigorous but very rewarding and requires a strong dedication to the students and the goals of the program. Instructors are responsible for the facilitation of group dynamics onboard his or her boat and planning of activities that challenge the students.
· NAUI Instructor with current insurance.
· Experience working with teenagers in an educational camp setting, with special consideration given to residential (sleep-away) experience
· Outstanding references (will be checked)
· First Aid and CPR certifications
· Excellent leadership and mentoring skills
· Positive and enthusiastic attitude
· Team oriented
· Strong work ethic · A love of marine science, sailing, the sea, and working with teenagers
Preference given to those with:
· Outdoor Education experience
· Team-teaching experience
· Familiar with REEF Fish ID Program
· Equipment/engine maintenance skills
· Experience teaching water sports (water-skiing, wakeboarding, windsurfing or kayaking)
· $1,000 per voyage in financial compensation
· Round trip transportation from nearest major airport to Tortola, BVI Reimbursement of 1/4 Scuba Instructor Insurance or ½ Divemaster Insurance after summer program ends if so certified.
· Temporary Work Permit required by the BVI government
· All on board expenses.
If interested contact Capt. Monk Daniel at firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter, resume w/photo and 2 references.
Riverbanks Zoo & Garden seeks full time Dive Technician
Added December 3, 2019
Riverbanks Zoo & Garden - Dive Technician (Full-time)
Benefits: Riverbanks Zoo offers a generous benefits package including medical insurance, paid holidays/vacation/sick time, state retirement plan, and more.
Ambassador Commitment: Create meaningful connections and inspire actions that will have a lasting impact on conservation.
Responsibilities: Given objectives set by the Director of Facilities Maintenance, participates in daily dives as part of the dive team. Will ensure a safe work environment, while understanding the operation and interpretation of technical dive equipment to include OTS Guardian Full Face Masks, compressors, fill stations, regulators, various communication control systems, etc. Follows USDA, DHEC, OSHA, AZA, etc. standards in all areas.
· Completes preventative maintenance rounds and diagnostics on dive equipment.
· Repairs and maintains Riverbanks dive equipment and facilities to include: guardian full face masks, compressors, fill stations, regulators, umbilicals, communication boxes, cylinders, etc.
· Organizes equipment and records for daily dives, works in the role of diver, dive tender, or DPIC (Dive Person In-Charge) for daily and special dives.
· Comprehends and follows the Riverbanks Dive Safe Practices Manual and contributes to content for revisions/updates.
· Maintains a clean and safe work environment, while utilizing a wide array of carpentry, mechanical, plumbing, and dive repair tools and various types of machinery and equipment.
· Prepares equipment for and participates in dive emergency exercises in various exhibits.
· Assists in training and implementing dive safety policies and procedures. May also assist LSS Technicians with projects, as needed.
· Prepares dive equipment maintenance reports, dive logs, certification status reports, dive schedules, diver recertification schedules, etc.
· Effectively interacts and communicates with supervisor/team, employees, volunteers, Riverbanks guests, and various external groups/individuals (e.g. sales representatives, contractors, etc.). Collaborates with the animal care and maintenance staff to ensure the integrated delivery of LSS operation/maintenance for the safety and welfare of the animal collection.
· Must be available for on-call/weekend duty and for emergencies. Works beyond a 40/hour work week, as required. Some travel required to attend meetings, professional development opportunities or conferences (e.g. AALSO and AZA).
Education and Experience: High school diploma required. Associate's degree in Marine Science, Biological Sciences, or a related field preferred; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Current Divemaster certification from a nationally accredited organization required. Dive instructor certification and experience working in an AZA accredited institution preferred. Will be
required to complete Riverbanks training for new divers. Will also train for necessary diving certifications (e.g. Fill Station Operator, Cylinder HAZMAT) and complete fresher training for dive program participants.
The ideal candidate will be a safety conscious diver who is mechanically inclined. They will also enjoy working within a collaborative environment and be a team player. Must be organized, detail oriented, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills with a very high standard for service. Will be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and possess thorough knowledge of current computer applications to include MS Office Suite. Must be able to pass a dive medical evaluation and be able to lift and carry up to 70 lbs. repeatedly. Must possess or be eligible for a valid SC driver's license.
To Apply: Please submit your application via the Riverbanks Zoo and Garden website: http://www.riverbanks.org/join-our-team/
Riverbanks Zoo & Garden offers an exciting work environment and many perks for our employees. Please visit www.riverbanks.org for more information.
Riverbanks Zoo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A Deep Blue Dive Center Seeks Dive Instructors
A Deep Blue Dive Center is looking for a dive instructor, Divemaster and a store employee to work full time at Florida Keys Aquarium Encounters.
• Guide guests on interactive snorkeling and diving tours in the aquarium's main tank.
• Oversee snorkel excursions in the lagoon.
• Instruct entry-level dive courses for kid's camp participants, etc.
• Conduct scuba courses.
• Guide certified divers.
• Dry crew mate the boat.
• Maintain equipment, tank fills, etc.
• Other duties include cleaning the main aquarium tanks; maintaining the scuba and snorkel equipment; helping biologists with feeding and monitoring the fish; and conducting other necessary tasks.
Applicants must be current with dive pro status and have own liability insurance. Must live in the Florida Keys and have own transportation. No keys disease.
Compensation: Shift pay, plus tips for all positions.
Please email resume with contact information to email@example.com to be considered.