About The Event
The Instructor Trainer designation is a formal NAUI leadership designation, not a certification. The NAUI Instructor Trainer designation (IT) provides recognition to NAUI Instructors who have completed a combination of training and evaluated experience specific to the preparing, training, evaluating and counseling of NAUI Instructor candidates.
Active-status NAUI Instructors designated as Instructor Trainer may direct the Staff Training Workshop (STW), Instructor Training Program (ITP), and staff an Instructor Training Course (ITC), Instructor Qualification Program (IQP), or Instructor Trainer Workshop (ITW) in any position other than Course Director when using NAUI support materials.
An active-status NAUI Instructor Trainer who completes all requirements as laid out by the NAUI Training Department can teach the NAUI First Aid – Powered by DAN provider courses and First Aid Instructor workshops.
For more information or to register, please contact Pam Landrum at (252) 473-1356 or email email@example.com.
- Age. Minimum is 21 years by the water phase of the course.
- Certification/Experience/Knowledge. Any active-status NAUI Instructor who has completed a NAUI Staff Training Workshop and the following activities may attend an Instructor Trainer Workshop (ITW).
o A minimum of 200 logged open water scuba dives.
o Minimum of 2 years of teaching experience
o Have certified at least 75 divers, of which 20 Certifications must include at least: four
(4) Advanced Diver, four (4) Rescue Diver, four (4) Nitrox Diver, four (4) Specialties and four
(4) Leadership courses.
o Staff/participate in 3 ITCs (ITP/IQP) for at least 100 student contact hours. One ICC may be counted toward this requirement.
o Conducting, staffing and evaluating experience gained at Instructor level courses before becoming a NAUI Instructor Trainer is acceptable.
o Be a member in good standing for the year immediately preceding the Instructor Trainer Workshop.
- Equipment. Candidates shall furnish and be responsible for the care and maintenance of their own diving equipment. The instructor shall initially assist candidates in checking all their gear to ensure it is adequate and in proper working order.
- Materials. Contact the NAUI Training Department for current requirements.
- Academics (estimated hours). 12 hours.
For More Information on costs or to register, please contact Captain Matt or Pam Landrum at (252) 473-1356 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.